Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BlogHer08: Cheers and Jeers

Posted by Lara at 12:05 AM
[Are you a new reader? An introduction post can be found here.]

A longer post (or twelve) will be coming soon to recap my BlogHer adventures. But for now, a quick episode of Cheers and Jeers.

Cheer: An awesome roommate who became an instant friend.
Jeer: Two words, my friends - FOOD POISONING.

Cheer: Fun parties with amazing women!
Jeer: Stuffy party rooms with insufficient ventilation.

Cheer: Interesting session topics.
Jeer: The food poisoning caused me to miss almost all the first day's sessions, interesting or not.

Cheer: Scoring invitations to Maggie Mason's private party Friday night.
Jeer: I was still so wiped out from the food poisoning that I had to go to bed instead of the party.

Cheer: Holding Her Bad Mother's beautiful baby boy during her session.
Jeer: When he woke up, my milkless body failed to keep him content.

Cheer: Getting to meet Dooce before her keynote on Saturday.
Jeer: The complete awkwardness that ensued during that keynote.

Cheer: Party at Macy's!
Jeer: No time to shop.

Cheer: Fun CheezeburgHer party post-Macy's.
Jeer: Asshat hotel security broke up the party.

Cheer: All the awesome new friends I made.
Jeer: All the bitches who snubbed me. Oh, wait, no one did that. Hooray!


So, what were the Cheers and Jeers from your weekend, BlogHer or otherwise?

21 comments:

sammy the cat said...

Cheer: [sic] Had a total blast [sic] at CopyEditHer [definitely sic] '08!

Jeer: Got [sic] a horrible case o' [sic] siccups. If I see another semicolon, I'm gonna [sic] puke [sic].

LaLa on 4:50 AM said...

Cheers - You got to go!

Jeers - It's on the other side of the world, hence... I did not.

Amanda on 6:58 AM said...

Cheers for you for giving the best hugs evah!!!!!!!!

Mollyfa on 9:02 AM said...

Sounds like a blast. Well, except for the food poisoning part, but let's not think about that. Hope you have safe travels home.

flutter on 11:49 AM said...

glad I got to meet you!

BetteJo on 12:08 PM said...

Glad it improved once you were done throwing up - I really need to read more about the mythical hobbit thing! Too funny - or - weird!

Neil on 1:37 PM said...

Ouch, do you know how you got the food poisoning, so we will never go eat there?

Lara on 2:25 PM said...

neil - lori's diner. scrambled eggs. i was all, "these don't look right..." and then i ate them anyway. always listen to your instincts, my friend.

Mojo on 2:19 PM said...

The cheers I probably shouldn't talk about. The jeers I've blogged about already. But I think at the end of it all, you had a way better weekend than I did girl. Good for you.

Except for the food poisoning. That sucks.

Lara on 5:38 PM said...

mojo - i had a thousand other bloghers helping me to have a fabulous weekend, food poisoning or no. i'm sure if you'd had that kind of help, your weekend might have gone better.

pincushionpoints on 5:40 PM said...

Thanks for the comment. Sorry you got sick during the big weekend. I would love to go next year.

Erica on 7:14 PM said...

You got it exactly right! (especially the roommate part - snicker) Loved this wonderful weekend with you! Miss you now, as a matter of fact.
xo

Lara on 7:17 PM said...

erica - i miss SO MANY PEOPLE it's not even funny. i want us all to have a big slumber party, yeah?

Immoral Matriarch on 1:53 PM said...

My jeer is that I didn't get to officially meet you. And that I think I just spelled officially wrong. But my spellchecker says it's ok. But I'm sure it's not. It's going to drive me nuts all day.

Everything else? A total cheer!

Lisa on 2:27 PM said...

How did the scavanger hunt go????

My Life My Life My Life on 6:48 PM said...

Cheers you got to go to blogher and had a wonderful time (well except for that thing of food poisoning) Jeers, I went to Six Flags and got sunburned.

Clair on 7:51 PM said...

I cheer the poor security guard who busted our party, just for having the guts to haul a bajillion cheesburger-eating women into the lobby.

I also cheer all the new friends I made. So good to meet you. No. CA slumber party, anyone? If we move some furniture out of the way, I can host.

Haley-O on 8:11 PM said...

Great recap! Sounds like it was SO MUCH FUN! I love reading about it on everyone's blogs... Glad you enjoyed! :)

VDog on 8:38 PM said...

Thinking of you.

Great recap. :D

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah on 8:47 AM said...

Cheer: Dancing with you.
Jeer: Too many events causing me to miss the Community Keynote.

Jamie Lovely on 8:59 AM said...

BlogHer was so much fun! Glad I got to meet you!

 

Life: The Ongoing Education Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos