First, from Miss A., a Blogging Tips Meme.
It’s very simple. When this is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a star (*) beside those you like. Add the next number (1. 2. 3. 4. 5., etc.) and write your own blogging tip for other bloggers. Try to make your tip general. After that, tag 10 other people. Link love some friends! Just think- if 10 people start this, the 10 people pass it onto another 10 people, you have 100 links already!
1. Look, read, and learn. http://www.neonscent.com/
2. Be, EXCELLENT to each other. http://www.bushmackel.com/
3. Don’t let money change ya! http://www.therandomforest.info/
4. Always reply to your comments. * http://chattiekat.com/
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. * http://chipsquips.com/
6. Don’t give up - persistence is fertile. http://www.velcro-city.co.uk/
7. Give link credit where credit is due. * http://www.sfsignal.com/
8. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post. **http://scifichick.com/
9. Visit all the bloggers that leave comments for you - it’s nice to know who is reading! ** http://stephaniesbooks.blogspot.com/
10. When commenting on others’ blogs, a few kind words go a long way. ** http://shelflifeblog.blogspot.com/
11. Don’t limit yourself to reading only where you think your interests are; blogging can add infinitely to one’s knowledge base. *http://dolcebellezza.blogspot.com/12. Don’t write a book and consider writing text that equals 2 minutes of reading . Some of us have short attention spans and can’t handle reading a 10 page paper in a web browser. Pictures sometimes say it better than words. ( I know someone else aready said it, but it was a good hint) http://www.missteacha.com
13. Blogging should never be a chore - if it's not fun anymore, something needs to change! http://laradavid.blogspot.com
Um, I'll ignore the tagging part this time. If you're interested, consider yourself tagged!
I really liked this second meme when I saw it over at the Meme Queen's (aka Tense Teacher). I was too busy to steal it sooner, but it's here now. Learn about the utter banality that is my daily life. Woot!
1. You wake up in the morning. What time is it probably?
If it's a weekday, I'm waking to my alarm at 7:00am. If it's a normal weekend, I'm waking whenever I damn well please, which lately seems to be around 10am. I miss the days of 2pm wake-ups.
2. You get yourself some breakfast. What do you make?
I don't "make" anything. I do, however, pour myself some cereal and milk. Anything more complicated than Special K is beyond me in that state of grogginess.
3. Someone calls you on the phone. Who do you want it to be?
Who the f*ck is calling me this early?! I think I want it to be Boss Lady telling me that all the kids have called in sick and I can have the day off to sleep in.
4. You turn on the TV for a bit. What channel do you put it on?
Early in the morning, nothing beats Cartoon Network for a little Tom and Jerry.
5. You have some time to kill before you leave. What do you do?
Read blogs. Yep, I'm still reading, even when I don't comment.
6. You go and have a shower. How long does it take you?
It takes me no time at all, because I never shower in the mornings. However, if you want to know about my evening showers, you can read about them in #1 here.
7. You decide to get yourself ready for your day. How long does it take?
About 15 minutes.
8. You put on some makeup. What do you put on?
I put on my Bare Minerals! (Remember here when I said I had ordered some? I wear it religiously now.) Start with foundation, then a little concealer. Next comes the "Warmth" shade, which is not quite a blush and not quite a bronzer, but the best of both. Then the "Mineral Veil" finishing powder. Last but not least, I apply my Softlips moisturizing lip balm.
9. You’re ready to leave. What do you take out with you?
My purse, keys, sunglasses, and a sweater.
10. How long does it take you to get to work?
Morning street traffic makes it about 15 minutes (in the afternoon, when I go home for lunch, it takes only 10).
11. What is the first thing you do when you get to work?
Sign myself in. Then take off my shoes and put down my things. Then start supervising the kiddos on their tasks.
12. Do you take part in office gossip/water cooler talk?
Boss Lady and I talk about the kids, if that's how this translates. Some of that is definitely necessary, though - talking about their progress and development, problems they're having in different tasks, ways they're interacting, etc. I'll admit, though, that we sometimes "gossip" about the kids and/or their parents, too.
13. Anything particularly annoying about each work day?
Wiping boogers gets old after a while, and the "Who's poopy?" game is one in which no one wins.
14. What’s the best part of the day?
Any of those little moments when one of the kids does something adorable. There are actually a lot of those moments, for which I consider myself quite lucky.
15. Do you usually leave on time or stay late? Take any work home with you?
Oh, I definitely leave on time - 5:15 on the dot. And no, I don't take any work home with me. The kids generally go home with their parents. If I brought one home, Nora would probably eat him/her.
16. The boss calls to tell you that don’t have to work, and you’re free for a whole day. What do you do?
First and foremost, I go back to bed. Mmmm, sleep. After that, I'd be open to suggestions.
17. With whom would you want to spend the day?
Maybe New Boy, because he makes me sigh and giggle.
18. You go to the store to get some snackage, but it turns out you can only buy one thing there. What do you buy? Why can I only buy one thing? Is this some weird promotional thing from the store? I think I'd buy Cocoa Krispies and hope I already have milk at home. If I don't, I'll find some sucker off the street to use his "one thing" to buy me some milk.
These are not the boots I had in mind.19. You’re walking down the street and you find a magic lamp that grants you 3 wishes. What do you wish for?
A never-ending money supply, the ability to teleport myself and others, and a really nice pair of boots.
20. You meet a man who says he will give you your dream job, what is it?
Some combination of writing, photography, and dancing, plus teaching any or all of the three.
21. You can choose any concert of any singer/band in the world; whose do you go to?
Rascal Flatts. (This is becoming a very busy day!)
22. You get home and there’s a check for $50,000 in the mail for you. On what would you spend it?
Nothing. I would bank it.
23. You get to bring back anyone from the dead, famous or not. Who would it be?
Dad. If only...
24. You get to interview your favorite celebrity. Who is it, and what would you ask him/her?
Hugh Jackman, and I'd ask, "Will you sleep with me?"
25. You get to see into the future but you can only find out one thing about your future life. What would you want to find out?
Who I'm going to marry.
26. At the end of your perfect day, you go on a perfect date; describe it.
A nice dinner, followed by dancing, at the Top of the Mark. Walking along the beach and talking until 4am. Finished off with a totally romantic and foot-popping kiss.
Anyone want to steal? Meme-stealing is how you show you care.
In New Boy news, there have been many requests for photos. Soon, my friends, soon. If knowing that people he has never met (and probably will never meet) are desperate to know what he looks like doesn't scare him off first...