Okay, so the timeline of our "relationship" thus far is as follows:
- Saturday, July 21: We meet at a blues party and he asks me out (before I can ask him).
- Friday, August 3: We go out on date #1. I go to his place, we walk downtown for dinner, and then we hang out chatting until very late.
- Saturday, August 4: After seeing Becoming Jane, I go over to New Boy's to hang out with him and another friend for a while. We are again chatting until very late. I'm still uncertain if this is date #2 or not. We'll call it #1.5.
- Sunday, August 5 (Yes, this is three days in a row): New Boy comes over for take-out and watching dance vids. We are again chatting until very late.
- Wednesday, August 8: We both (independently, though knowing the other would be there) go out swing dancing. We hang out and share a number of great dances.
- Friday, August 10: New Boy takes me out on a "real" date. He described "real" date as one in which we get dressed up, we go out to a nice dinner and/or show, I let him put his arm around me if he's lucky, and when it's all over he gives me a goodnight kiss on the front porch. I certainly took the "getting dressed up" part to heart, and decided to try something new with my hair:
- Saturday, August 11: We go out to dinner at a nice tapas place with live music, then return to my apartment to watch a movie and hang out. We are, yet again, chatting until very late.
In case it wasn't obvious by how much I've seen of him, I do like him quite a bit. He's already won tons of brownie points for being a super sweet and amazing guy. He complains that he's always the "nice guy," and how "nice guys finish last." Well, I suppose that sometimes that's true. But for me - and many other girls out there - in the end, it's gotta be a nice guy who finishes first.
[We're going sans categories today, folks. Learn to love the chaos.]
exams and cutting wrists - What kind of exams are you taking? Unless it's a medical exam that somehow involves wrist surgery, you should probably look into some help, 'cause this is a problem.
tsm sleep deprivation - Oh, dear. Tracy, are you having sleeping problems?
my GAF is only 65 - If you actually know what your GAF is, you're probably already in therapy, so I guess you don't anything from me.
life is a blank canvas metaphor - Life is actually a lot of different metaphors, all thrown together. But the blank canvas one is pretty good.
cinderella negative effects - Well first there's all the soot in your hair...
my tampon in my hand my period - You know, it actually doesn't work nearly as well if that's where you're putting it.
how many marbles;life - Huh? I don't know how many, but I think you lost them.
my mom is emotionally unstable - You're no prize.
people who look like porcelain dolls - Do you see these people often? Do they try to speak to you? Do they ever try to convince you to commit violent crimes? If so, they might not be real.
tali I shot myself - You know, I don't think Tali will be able to help you as much as a licensed professional could.
Petticoat Boy - The longtime sidekick of Captain Bloomers!
Aussie bites cookies - Details at eleven.
glad you're back sayings - Because, "I'm glad you're back!" is so unoriginal.
perfume with scent of zest soap - Why do you need this? Couldn't you just use Zest soap and be done with it?
i guess this is goodbye and i'll never forget you - No, don't leave me! I'm sure we can find a way to work this out, whatever it is, and whoever you are.
pantyhose for sweet sixteen - You know, there really are better gifts out there.
remember the sunblock graduation song? - Totally! And it was all, "Wear sunscreen," and I was all, "Yeah!" and there was some other stuff about life or whatever. Yeah, those were the days.
how much a man appreciates you in his life - Probably directly correlates with how many blow jobs he gets. Oh, wait. Did I say that out loud?
contrary to the popular belief i DO have guy friends that are JUST friends - Really? They probably don't appreciate you in their lives very much then. Unless you're in that special "blow job" stage of the friendship.
I don't have a maternal instinct - Do you have kids? 'Cause if not, it's not really a big deal, is it? Oh, also if you're a dude.
missy higgins ru - If you call me that again, I will have to slap you across the face.
roofies for sale - When? Where? Your advertising sucks.
how to stop mental distractions - Stop thinking. (Let me know if this works.)
How much should I pay someone to babysit, massachussetts - Well, babysitting Massachusetts is a pretty big job. I mean, if it were Rhode Island or something, it'd be a lot less. At least it's not Jersey, though...
look see underwear - Yes, I see. Very nice.
LOOK SEE UNDERWEAR - I said I see them! Jeez, you don't have to yell.
lara + kennyramone - Sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
just alil bit uncencored - Just alil bit unspellchecked.
lara david blog - You've come to the right place. Also try here.
Remember to share one of your own recent searches in the comments, or just pick a fave of these to giggle over. See you next Sunday!