1. They occasionally disappear somewhere in the house, and you’re never quite sure where you’ll find them. (Okay, maybe I was the only toddler who did this.)
2. They never sleep when you want them to, and they’re always impossible to wake later.
3. You have to be careful opening the front door, because you never know when they’ll make a break for freedom.
4. They get bored of their toys very quickly, but they never seem to get bored of the box the toys came in.
5. You can’t leave anything important out and within reach – inevitably neatly organized piles of paper will be strewn about the room, and anything made of glass you will find shattered on the floor.
6. No matter how well you feed them, they will want some of what you’re having.
7. When you’re insanely busy with something and working under a deadline, they are determined to have your undivided attention.
8. When you are bored and you want to play with them, they are too busy with something else to even look in your direction.
9. They always do their cutest stuff when your camera is in the other room.
10. Completely without intending to, they will cause you physical pain in some way or another at least twice a day, usually by walking over you and stepping on a sensitive spot.
11. At some point in the evening, every evening, they will be inexplicably overcome by a surge of energy, and they will run like a crazy loon through the house for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
12. Your house will always be cluttered, because their toys will always be strewn about the house, no matter how many times a day you go through and pick them up.13. When you feel most annoyed by them and the havoc they bring to your life, they will snuggle up to you, give you a kiss, and make you forget everything except how much you love them.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Day 11 of SaBloBoMo: Cujo by Stephen King
To contrast the feline topic of my Thursday Thirteen, I offer you a book about a dog. A really big, scary-as-shit dog. This might have been the first Stephen King book I ever read, but at the very least it was one of the first ones. I was 13 years old, and I was so scared by the time I finished the book that I had to ask my mom to let me sleep in her bed with her that night.
Besides just the chilling terror of the book, I loved King's style of writing. He skipped around a lot between different stories that all tied into the larger plot, staying with one set of characters just long enough to lure you into a false sense of security, then leaving you in complete suspense. I vaguely remember seeing the movie at a slumber party once, and it was lame compared to the book. If you like Stephen King and/or being scared to your toes, I highly recommend this book.
Just don't expect to like dogs ever again.