Things my students say has increased their respect for me:
- That I wear Toms.
- That I read XKCD.
- That I have sat alone in my house on Saturday mornings eating cereal and watching "Blue's Clues" while shouting at the screen, "A clue! A clue!"
- That I'm a Blink 182 fan.
- That I even know who Blink 182 is.
- That I know the Steelers defense is significantly better than either the Bengals or the Raiders.
Things that have not seemed to earn respect:
- That I know about literature.
- That I know about history.
- That I know how to form complete sentences, both verbally and in writing.
- That I am not a felon.
- That I try my hardest to do my job well.
Oh well, it's hit or miss, I guess...