Sunday, June 01, 2008

Not the Defense You Might Have Been Expecting

First, in regards to the last post and some of the comments therein: I've said it before, but I'll say it once more here, so that it's forever established - I'm sorry. I made a wrong decision, I did what I could to make amends for it, I can do nothing else. That said, I won't be writing anything more about that here, because - as I said - I promised not to. Most of you are standing by me in spite of my imperfection, and for that I thank you. If you are reading this because you think I'm a terrible person who owes a defense or justification of some kind, you're going to solely disappointed, because I won't be writing one here. And if any of you reading - either in support or in disgust - would like to discuss this more, my email is in my profile and we can talk off-blog.

And that's all I have to say about that.

------------------------------------

"Write on your blog: 'This is my grandfather. They let him out, but just for the day.'" That's what he said to me as soon as I took this picture:


Photographic evidence aside, he's actually not crazy. Quite clever, in fact.

And I love him to pieces.

------------------------------------

Remember in this post how I mentioned my high school would be dedicating their new gymnasium to my dad? That dedication ceremony was Friday, and Mom, Seeser, and I were all there to participate. It was amazing, and I will give a full recap soon. (With photos! And maybe even video!)

For now, though, I'd just like to say that during my stay in SoCal for the ceremony, I discovered something important: My mom, my sister, my grandmother, and my grandfather ALL snore. Loudly. This has me slightly concerned that maybe I do too, though I've never been told that I do. I have been told that I move a lot in my sleep, sometimes even going so far as to kick anyone who might be sleeping near me. I might be worried about this and how it might affect my relationship with Batman if I didn't already know that he wields his elbows like deadly weapons when he's asleep. His sharp, pointy elbows.

But who am I to judge? I'm the one with the overactive kickers and the genetic predisposition towards snoring.


------------------------------------

And with all of that, I hope to return to my regular posting. The next month will be very busy with moving to a new house, celebrating my birthday AND blogiversary, visiting family in Las Vegas, and spending (I hope) lots of good time with Batman. But along the way, I will be here with you all - posting, reading, commenting, and just generally enjoying the wonders of the blogosphere. Hope to see you all around.

------------------------------------

UPDATE: It appears that I am now unemployed and seeking employment. Anyone want to hire me?

10 comments:

Maggie said...

I can't wait to see the dedication - what a great honor to your dad's memory!

And your grandfather? I want to eat him up - how fun is he?!

Anonymous said...

I also want to se the dedication! looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

I'd hire you!

'Cept I'm kinda unemployed myself. :/

Mrs. Chili said...

I'm still reading, and I still love you. When *I* become perfect, however, you'd better watch out....

Amanda said...

oof, if you lived on this coast I would SO hire you.

Dee said...

HIRED! You just have to move to Missouri.

tmb said...

Boo unemployed! I'll keep an eye out.

BetteJo said...

I really am looking forward to the post about the gym dedication. Although I suspect it might make me cry.

Unemployed? Gah!! Someone will snap you up - you'll see. But for now - you should maybe eat a pint of uber premium ice cream.

michelle said...

I have been away from your blog for a bit and am catching up. 1. your grandfather is adorable...2.I absolutely love the photo of you in this post...3.I am so sorry Batman is sick. I hope he is feeling better...and 4. I hope whatever it is that is weighing on you lightens soon...If you ever decide to move to my neck of the woods (Massachusetts)we can look for teaching jobs together!

Lara said...

thanks to everyone who offered to hire me if i moved to a different part of the country. :-P

and bette jo, you're the second person to suggest i dive into some ice cream for comfort. the only problem is that with the way things are going in my life these days, the last thing i need is to gain a bunch of weight. ;)