Well, it's good to know that so many folks are still out there reading, even if most are trying out the "strong, silent type" persona for a while. It's okay - you're just playing it cool, and I can respect that. If you came on too strong, I might be scared off, but you're just easing your way into the in-crowd. You know where to find me when you're ready.
In the meantime, I'll just keep producing posts for y'all to quietly enjoy. Like this one, which is the exciting and much-anticipated (in my own head) of the Sunday Google-age! But first, Enny tagged for an Eight Things meme. Fortunately, this one is not just the typical "say eight things about yourself" meme, but rather has specific eights to answer, which is much nicer for those of us who are too lazy to come up with an original theme for ourselves.
Eight Things I Am Passionate About
1) Grammar. Like I wish that this category were "Eight Things About Which I Am Passionate."
2) Education. Not in one specific area, like the public education system or taking formal courses, but all throughout one's life, in a million tiny ways.
3) Dancing. It keeps me from being a full-on couch potato in the throes of depression, and I think everyone's life would be improved by adding more dance.
4) Shoes. I know, it's a little bit shallow, but shoes just make me happy in a pleasantly superficial way.
5) My friends. I sometimes don't think I show them this enough, but they are so important to me.
6) My family. Same as above - I love them so dearly.
7) Childcare. I love helping to raise children into wonderful adults, whether that's as a friend, a teacher, a nanny, or - someday - a mom.
8) Writing. It's a part of me I can never part with, this love of expressing myself through words.
Eight Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1) Get married.
2) Have babies.
3) Write a book.
4) Visit Europe.
5) Own a home.
6) Publish my photos.
7) Bungee jump.
8) Go on a game show. (Can't let the family down - they've all been on game shows already!)
Eight Things I Say Often
1) "Oh, Chasquido!"
2) "Make it happen."
3) "Sorry, Roger, you tiger now."
4) "Damn it!"
6) "Giggity giggity..."
7) "Bite me, paperboy."
8) "Aw yeah!"
Eight Books I've Read Recently
(Um, I'm going to have to admit that other than a few trashy romance novels, I really haven't been reading lately. All my "reading" is done via Bloglines these days.)
Eight Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over Again
1) "With or Without You" by U2
2) "Hear You Me" by Jimmy Eat World
3) The MNF theme song
4) "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney
5) "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton
6) "True Colors" by Eva Cassidy
7) "Come a Little Closer" by Dirks Bentley
8) "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" by Gayla Peevey
Eight Movies I Have Seen Eight Times
1) Horse Feathers
2) A Chorus Line
3) Pretty Woman
5) The American President
6) Lilo and Stitch
8) Legends of the Fall
Last, but not least...
Eight People Who Should Do This Meme
1) L. (did you decide on a final name?) from Couture Me If You Can
2) Hanlie from Fertile Healthy
4) Sassy Belle from Random Acts of Sass
5) Aly from Alyndabear
6) Tali from Tali Bali
7) Wolf Lover Girl
8) Mrs. Chili from A Teacher's Education
(And anyone else who wants to play!)
For today's special return Google-age, we'll have the two fan favorite categories: Questions and WTF?!
are there amish sluts? - Oh, I'm sure there are, just as there are in any society. You can always tell the slutty ones by the seductive way they churn their butter.
why do i get bedhead? - Well, not knowing you, I can't be sure, but my guess is that you sleep in a bed. On your head. If you'd like to get rid of the bedhead, try sleeping sitting up at the kitchen table or something.
Didn't you F her BF when you two were BFFs? What BFFs means? - Oh, trust me, I F'd her BF many times, both when we were BFFs and when we weren't. And it was, well, PFP if you know what I mean. ("BFFs" means "Best Friends Forevers." I'm not sure why the 's' is there, though.)
how can i look good in my underwear? - Diet and exercise? Yeah, I agree, that's an awful lot of work. Looks like you'll just have to sex it up with attitude like the rest of us.
starting a new job have years of experience how to get the best pay I am worth? - Well, you can try just putting your foot down and holding out for the cash. If they don't come through, though, I recommend holding something for ransom, like a family heirloom or a small child.
is Blink 182 supporters of any charity/cause? - They're supporters of the "Blink 182 Food and Beverage Fund." It's quite worthwhile, I assure you.
what cause someone to smell like cabbage? - An excess of cabbage and a lack of bathing.
why do i smell a musty smell when i sneeze? - I have no idea, but I'm totally disgusted by the very thought.
what kinds of juice cleans pennies so good in the world? - How about it, Science? Let's see some experiments going on!
why am i nocturnal? - Are you an owl? That might be your first clue...
Why Do Mothers Want Their Sons To Wear Pantyhose? - Whoa, what mothers are YOU hanging out with?!
what to give bad little grown up boys for christmas? - Spankings. Definitely.
(Seriously, who searches for this stuff?)
i got nothing ... i kick out the box - Uh, I got nothing either.
so sue me - Oooookay...
brainwashing brainwash return diaper diapers - I like the repetition here. That's almost guaranteed to get you good search results.
And my personal favorite:
I know you can simply search Google for a list of Dr. Seuss quotes, ... I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! - Now my readers are going to have fun with you! Muahahaha!
Happy Sunday all!