[Sliding in under the wire here!]
A LONG time ago now, there was this cool thing going around where folks were giving peeks into their purses. Yeah, so, I'm behind the times. So sue me. I'm giving you a peek now, so enjoy.
I have a lot of purses, which shouldn't really surprise any of you, but this is the one I've been using for the last couple of weeks:
But that's not really what you wanted to see, was it? You want to see what's inside...
Starting at the bottom left and sort of snaking around:
1. A "moist towelette" that is probably totally dried out by now.
2. My entrance ticket from Disneyland - yes, it's still in my purse after all this time.
3. Checks I need to deposit. And one I need to give to someone else.
4. The hands-free headset to my phone. I don't currently know where my phone is. This is a bit of a problem.
5. Old receipts. They just pile up when I'm not looking.
6. Tissues - totally useful to have on hand.
7. A tampon - also totally useful to have on hand.
8. Cherry flavored chapstick. I can't live without the stuff. It's like crack to me.
9. My checkbook, which I use about twice a month: once for troupe dues for my dance group, and once for rent.
10. A notebook in which to take notes and a pen. I use this for when I have blog or novel or poem ideas while I'm out and about. It's a complete necessity for any and all writers.
11. My wallet. I love my wallet, but it's starting to fall apart a bit. May be time for a new one?
12. Cash that is, for some inexplicable reason, not in my wallet.
13. Altoids. Yum.
14. A necklace I took off at some point and put in my purse. I didn't remember that until I looked through my purse just now.
15. My keys, duh.
16. Snacks. I'm one of those people who goes from zero to absolutely-starving in about five seconds. I have to keep food with me to keep from getting sick to my stomach.
So that's what's in my bag. What's in yours?