Tuesday, November 06, 2007

In My Bag

[Sliding in under the wire here!]

A LONG time ago now, there was this cool thing going around where folks were giving peeks into their purses. Yeah, so, I'm behind the times. So sue me. I'm giving you a peek now, so enjoy.

I have a lot of purses, which shouldn't really surprise any of you, but this is the one I've been using for the last couple of weeks:


But that's not really what you wanted to see, was it? You want to see what's inside...



Starting at the bottom left and sort of snaking around:

1. A "moist towelette" that is probably totally dried out by now.

2. My entrance ticket from Disneyland - yes, it's still in my purse after all this time.

3. Checks I need to deposit. And one I need to give to someone else.

4. The hands-free headset to my phone. I don't currently know where my phone is. This is a bit of a problem.

5. Old receipts. They just pile up when I'm not looking.

6. Tissues - totally useful to have on hand.

7. A tampon - also totally useful to have on hand.

8. Cherry flavored chapstick. I can't live without the stuff. It's like crack to me.

9. My checkbook, which I use about twice a month: once for troupe dues for my dance group, and once for rent.

10. A notebook in which to take notes and a pen. I use this for when I have blog or novel or poem ideas while I'm out and about. It's a complete necessity for any and all writers.

11. My wallet. I love my wallet, but it's starting to fall apart a bit. May be time for a new one?

12. Cash that is, for some inexplicable reason, not in my wallet.

13. Altoids. Yum.

14. A necklace I took off at some point and put in my purse. I didn't remember that until I looked through my purse just now.

15. My keys, duh.

16. Snacks. I'm one of those people who goes from zero to absolutely-starving in about five seconds. I have to keep food with me to keep from getting sick to my stomach.

So that's what's in my bag. What's in yours?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bag is so teeny! My bag could eat yours for breakfast, hehe. I really need to work on downsizing.

At the moment, mine is full of crap. As usual.

DreAmgiRL said...

nice bag... agree with alynda :)

Maggie said...

Love it - and what a cute bag!

I have everything you have, plus a tide pen, a bottle of bubbles that I got from a wedding months ago, scented lotion, sunglasses, regular glasses case, my PDA, my camera, and a little first aid kit (with band aids, gauze, tweezers, neosporin, ibuprofen).

Sheesh! I think it's time to clean out my purse...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm definitely doing this one tomorrow! You won't believe what I lug around with me!

Yuriko said...

Gosh.. I can't believe you still carry a checkbook around... I only have one check to write each month and that's for rent... everything else I use online banking. :) It's so convenient... except when you forget you've paid for something and then you don't reconcile properly... that's always a bummer.

I always have an ipod with me... doesn't matter if it's Spike (the bigger one) or Xander (the shuffle).

Mrs. Chili said...

I can tell you what I DON'T have in my purse (which you do) and that's a travel pack of tissues. I TOTALLY need them, too - I've got a cold. Bleh.

Maybe I'll do this as a post later in the month!

Lara said...

i know you can hear me... - ah, you're right, i usually have sunglasses also. sometimes i have lotion, but i haven't put it back in since traveling (and i can't take it through security). :)

yuriko - shameful confession? i don't own an ipod. *gasp!*

flutter said...

Cute bag!

Anonymous said...

my bag could also eat your bag for breakfast. let's see, I did this meme once, but...

right now:

two books (one on home organization, one on living a healthier life style.)
my bible (so I guess that's three books)
three pens
cell phone
tissues
cough drops
cold medicine (wow can you tell I'm sick)
wallet
band aids
random receipts (Target, Apple store, coffee shop, etc)
A hairbrush

As WaltzBoy asked: "Seriously? Is there a coat rack in here? What are you, Mary Poppins?"

Angela said...

I just cleaned out my purse, so for now it's pretty empty and strange. It won't take me long before it's about 5 pounds of crap.

Lara said...

sassy belle - waltzboy's comment made me laugh out loud. mary poppins indeed!

Teacher Anonymous said...

Not to be anal, but you should probably blur that check routing number a bit. Just to be safe.

Lindz said...

I'm totally going to do this too but mine will be so much bigger because my purse is huge and I live out of it. Was it like that for you at all when you were in school? Yeah, same goes for my car. Ugh.