Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My Mom- Er, I Mean, My Aunt

Posted by Lara at 11:18 PM
When my sister turned 25, she became my mom's "favorite niece." Mom decided that having a 25-year-old daughter would make her entirely too old, so she joked that Seeser would have to be a niece. Now that I'm 25, I've become her "other favorite niece," and she's apparently childless now.

Personally, I've always felt that my mom has looked incredible for her age, and I can only hope that I age as she has. I know she often complains when she sees pictures of herself. She sees wrinkles as flaws, but I see them for the years of laughter that brought them. She says she looks "tired," but I think she looks wise. She is sad because she sees what she hoped never to see - my grandmother; I see what I someday hope to become - my mother.

I've written my love for her before, so that's not really what this is. This is my love for her through photos - where I share with you her beauty as I see it. This is my mother.







Go on - tell her she's gorgeous. I know you want to.

10 comments:

alyndabear on 12:53 AM said...

Mom? You're gorgeous!

(I've always wanted to type it that way!)

LaLa on 4:10 AM said...

Your Mom is almost as HOTT as my Mum! (I have to be slightly biased for obvious reasons!)

Your Mom's beauty also shines from inside, she looks like a truly vivacious and inspiring person.

Aimee on 7:35 AM said...

Beautiful! I love the vibrance in the colors on the last picture too.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy on 2:13 PM said...

Your mom is blessed to have you as a daughter. Actually, the blessing is mutual.

Tori on 6:41 PM said...

Lara,
What a lovely tribute to your Mom... beauty shining straight through from the heart.

MDC on 8:43 PM said...

Your Mom is gorgeous!!! And you will be too, I promise....

Liam's Mom - Gina on 9:20 PM said...

I love the one where she is swiping the hair from her face! She is beautiful!

Major Bedhead on 10:12 PM said...

Your mom is beautiful. Gorgeous skin and hair and a fabulous smile. I like the hair-swiping picture, too.

Mom said...

It's a good thing this is Friday and relaxed around the office. I cried (shocker!!) and smiled and I feel like I could burst with love. Instead, I will go spread sunshine and wonderful feelings to everyone who is fortunate enough to be in my path today. I repeat...I am grateful God gave me You!

Lara on 10:45 PM said...

aly - what way? you mean Mom as opposed to Mum?

lala - i understand the bias, but i'm glad you acknowledge my mom's beauty, vivacity, and inspirational nature in spite of it. :)

aimee - yeah, i loved the way the boa and the background contrasted with our simple white shirts and jeans.

CTG - the blessing is COMPLETELY mutual. i love her so much.

tori - she's worth any and all tributes i could ever write (or put into photos). she's just that awesome.

MDC - here's hoping... ;)

gina - that's my favorite, too!

major bedhead - yes, i love how natural that is. she really is just laughing and brushing her hair away, and it's so how i think of her, just as she is.

mom - i actually didn't think this one would make you cry, but i'm glad for the "bursting with love" feelings. i'm glad other people got to experience your happiness vicariously. :) i love you!

 

Life: The Ongoing Education Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos