Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snore Away, Old Man

It is raining sheets and sheets here. It rained all through the night and I got very little sleep. There are many puddles - DEEP puddles - all around my town and all through our school campus. I think I just saw a Snork float past my classroom window.

(Holla if you got that old school reference...)

I suspect this is the end. If I die, soggy and pruney, with stringy drowned-rat hair, here in this torrent, tell my mother I loved her.

I also loved cookies. (But they already know that.)

11 comments:

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Should we send the Ark?

Bad Pants said...

I love the Snorks.

fjd said...

Heehee. :)

I take it you don't sleep well in storms. I'm the opposite: I love the sound of rain and slept quite soundly last night, enjoying the sound of rain when I woke up briefly a few times.

tpiglette said...

SNORKS! Those things! With the things on their heads!

BetteJo said...

I had to google snorks. Guess I'M a bit past it.

fjd said...

Check out today's germane Peanuts comic:

http://comics.com/peanuts/2010-01-19/

bernthis said...

Hey, do you live in Northern or Southern CA? You are in CA right? Is there rain anywhere else? Really?

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the Snorks! They were one of my favorite cartoons as a kid!

Amanda said...

Don't get it, but adore you, but you already know that!

bernthis said...

we are supposedly getting more rain this week. If I go, please note that I love my daughter and cake

Bryan said...

Hollaaaaa!

Ironically, Seattle's having one of its driest, sunniest winters. All the more reason for you to visit!