Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thanks, Tpiglette!

[Yeah, definitely would have forgotten to post yet again if not for a friendly reminder from my lovely Tpiglette!]

Well, I find myself facing Monday with a) not enough sleep to support me, and b) no lesson plans for my classes tomorrow, which means that c) I will not be getting as much sleep tonight as I would like. And who is to blame for this sad state of affairs? The government. Ha, no, not really. But they're a nice scapegoat sometimes.

No, actually, I am totally to blame for this. I chose to support my kids not only by attending their play FOUR TIMES, but I also took about 750 photos, and have spent numerous hours editing them, posting them to Facebook, and tagging them. And no, I'm genuinely not going to try to lay a guilt trip on the kids. None of them asked me to do it - I chose to do it. I just love them all so much and I loved the show and I loved the pictures I got and so I wanted to play with them in my photo editing programs! I have no other excuse.

Well, okay, about four hours of this afternoon were taken up by a meeting for the team going to Africa in June. That's right - AFRICA. I'm going to Africa in June for a service trip with 20 students and 6 other adults. I am SO EXCITED about it. You'll be hearing many more details as the trip is coming up, but for now, just know that I am very much looking forward to it, especially after today's meeting, where I got to know the group going much better.

And as I sign off, take this as a token of my esteem for your Monday:


Peace out, y'all...

7 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Heh. I'm winging today's lessons, too. After a while, you start getting good at it...

Anonymous said...

Important public announcement:

The Ultimate Bad Candy Site Entry on Circus Peanuts

Rowyn said...

Whoa, Africa?! That's awesome! Where in particular?

BetteJo said...

Wow Africa. This really IS a magical Tuesday Eve!

Lisa said...

I am for sure equally miserable...and a tad jealous about your trip to Africa. That is SO incredibly cool.
Your students will remember what you did for them for a long time to come.....

Lara said...

rowyn - malawi. 7th poorest nation in the world. i'm scared in some ways, but mostly really excited. :)

Kennethwongsf said...

Malawi, Africa--wow! What you witness when you are there is bound to have a profound effect on you. I look forward to read your posts when you return.