Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Day of Loss

I don't really have it in me to do a Google-age today. I'm not sure I have it in me to give you much of anything, in fact.

I got a bit of bad news this afternoon, followed pretty quickly by Bertie's departure to his new home. I went to OP and Charcoal's apartment in the hopes of cheering myself up by playing with their kittens and chatting with my good friends - it worked as a temporary distraction, but not a long-term solution. When I came home, Tenny came running to the door, looking up at me and crying; I can't tell if he genuinely misses Bertie already or if my own sadness is contagious.

Either way, I suddenly feel quite lonely.

20 comments:

Aussie Boy said...

Hope you're ok mate. Bad news sucks. :-(

Thinking of you xo

BetteJo said...

Miss your google-age - it's always so much better than mine - but - more concerned that all is well with you. You know you can always count on us out here in the blogosphere to be here for you!

flutter said...

:( ((you))

Hanlie said...

Hi Lara. Life has this annoying habit of once in a while knocking us over, doesn't it. Hope you feel better soon.

Teacher Anonymous said...

[internet hugs]

Carol said...

Big hugs. I can only imagine... You need a kitty hug!

Carol

alyndabear said...

I'm sorry hon, whatever the news is. Big hugs to you! xo

Anonymous said...

:(

tmb said...

Hugs.

I'm still up for a girly coffee date this week if you want.

Guilty Secret said...

*thinking of you*

Kennethwongsf said...

Lara: Whatever the bad news is, know that you have friends you can turn to for help and consolation. Sadness is, indeed, contagious; so is hope and smiles--especially yours.

Aimee said...

::hugs::

Big Sis said...

Sad with you, dear.

Mayberry said...

So sorry, Lara. Sometimes temporary distractions are the best you can do, huh? Take care.

MDC said...

keep your chin up! brighter days are ahead...
i'm proud of the job you and jitta did with bertie, you should be too...
very difficult to let him go, I'm sure.
love you!!

Lindz said...

Oh my Gob that is so sad, get another kitty, quick! Actually go buy a new pair of shoes and then get a kitty. Feel better!

Ali said...

don't feel lonely...you've got your internets! {hugs}

Angela said...

Okay, you need more kittens, stat!

aMom2E said...

You are fabulous and I adore you! I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way! If you want to talk, I am here!

Amanda said...

Sorry, friend.