Long ago - longer than I care to admit - Lady M tagged me for the "Eight Things" meme. And then, a bit more recently Tori tagged me a second time. Unless my rudimentary math skills fail me, that means 16 things about me. Can you handle that much Lara? I mean, seriously?
In the true spirit of the meme, I will a) follow the rules, and b) try to actually make them 16 totally random and useless facts about me.
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I have two versions of "shower": If I'm taking a "long" shower, it takes about thirty minutes. If I'm taking a "short" shower, it's more like fifteen. Yes, my "short" shower is 15 minutes long.
2. When I was 12, I got braces. I wore the braces for two full years, and for about six months of that time, I also had to wear headgear. I was *that* kid.
3. I'm 25 years old, and I still sometimes order milk to drink at restaurants. I just love drinking milk. This might explain why I'm so darn tall.
4. I have absolutely no squeamishness about people touching my feet. I do, however, HATE having anyone touch my face. This has annoyed many a guy in the past, including J. and Aussie Boy.
5. I was a runner-up for Prom Queen in my senior year of high school. Still, to this day, I wish I'd won. Because I was (and am) insecure enough to think that might have meant something significant. Deep down, I know it wouldn't have.
6. My "comfort food" is Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream and Cheetos. Together. I know - don't hate.
7. I am absolutely terrified of moths. The fluttering freaks me out like you cannot believe. Even butterflies scare me, but not as much as moths. I will literally burst into tears if one is too close to me and I can't get away as fast as I'd like.
8. I am not now and never have been on Facebook. I've also never been on MySpace, Orkut, Friendster, or any of those other social networking things. I consider this a point of pride, but I think I'll probably give in to the Facebook trend soon. Sigh.
[Eight more? Seriously? Damn. Okay, let's get a little deeper with these.]
9. I value the poetic nature of words. Or, to be more accurate, the potential words have to be poetic. Sometimes a phrase will pop into my head for no apparent reason, and I'll write it down just because I love the way it sings to me.
10. My biggest fear has always been not being good enough. This is why I'm always so desperate to be popular, even in the blogosphere, and why I have struggled with insecurities my whole life.
11. I was a virgin when I wrote this post. I am not now. And yes, I just announced that to the entire internet. I continue to astound myself (as well as many of you, if I believe your comments and emails) with how much of my personal life I'm willing to share here.
12. As the years go by, I am forgetting more and more about my dad. I feel indescribably guilty about this, but I don't know how to stop it.
[I've done too many Thursday Thirteens. I keep thinking I should be done soon.]
13. I have already imagined how I will tell my someday-husband that I am pregnant. The idea of becoming a mom is that exciting to me.
14. I have grudges that I am still holding from years ago. This is one of the reasons I have so much trouble forgiving myself when I make mistakes.
15. I was raised Catholic, and my religion used to be very important to me. Since my life fell apart in October, I have not once spoken to God on my own behalf, and only rarely prayed on behalf of others. When I am honest with myself, I know that I am too scared and ashamed to turn where I know forgiveness is waiting. Someday - soon - I hope I can go back. I will need my friends for this.
16. Part of the reason I am still alive today is this blog and all the supportive people I have gotten to know through it. I honestly do not know if I could have been strong enough to stay out of the hospital without you all. That truth never ceases to amaze me.
I would love to see some "Me too!"s in the comments section after opening myself up like this. As for the tagging of other folks, I guess I should do eight and eight, since I was double-tagged. In alphabetical order (so as to show no favoritism), I tag:
California Teacher Guy
Queen of Spain
Wolf Lover Girl
Looking forward to reading those 128 things!