Friday, May 25, 2007

Memetastic!

Memes, memes everywhere, but not a drop to drink. I'm not sure any of you are truly ready for the awesome meme-ness that is about to be unleashed. There will be three - count them, THREE - memes in this post. Oh yeah, sit back, buckle up, and prepare to be amazed.

But before we get there, I just thought I'd give a friendly mention that the Blogger's Choice Awards are still up and running. I'm apparently over 100 votes now - woohoo! But seriously, wouldn't third place be nice? I think so too. So have you voted? Did you know you can vote once from every email address you own? Not that I'm promoting vote inflation or anything, but actually, I am. Go vote!

-----------------------------------

Tori tagged me for this meme over a week ago, and I'm just now getting around to it. The funny thing is that many months ago, I added this to my list of potential posts, but I hadn't been tagged - I was just going to steal it. I never got around to posting it, but Tori's tag has inspired me to finally check it off the list. So here I give you my list of 4's.

4 jobs I have held:
1. Pizza parlor minion
2. Administrative prostitu- er, assistant
3. Nanny
4. Teacher

4 movies I can watch over and over:
1. The American President
2. Ghostbusters
3. Horse Feathers
4. A Chorus Line

4 places I have lived:
1. My family home in Fountain Valley, CA.
2. The dorms at Stanford University
3. In a condo I shared with J. in Palo Alto, CA.
4. In an apartment in Mountain View, CA.

4 Catagories of TV programming I enjoy:
1. Countdown shows - basically anything starting with "The 101 Most..."
2. Most of the adult cartoons. No, I don't mean "adult" cartoons - I mean things like Family Guy, Futurama, and The Simpsons.
3. Cheesy sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Saved by the Bell, and Full House.
4. I can't really say I love soap operas in general, but I do loves me some General Hospital.

4 Places I have been on Holiday:
1. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
2. Montreal, Quebec
3. New Orleans, Louisiana
4. New York, New York

4 of my Favorite Dishes:
1. Scallopini burgers
2. Huevos con chorizo
3. Eggs benedict
4. Pork pastries

4 websites I visit daily:
1. Gmail - duh
2. Bloglines, where I check in with approximately 75 blogs
3. SiteMeter - how do you think I get all my Sunday Google-age?
4. Blogger, at least on most days

4 places I would rather be right now:
1. In SoCal, with my mom and grandparents.
2. In Chicago, distracting Aussie Boy from his maths conference.
3. On a massage table, with some big guy named Hans working at my tense muscles.
4. Anywhere where I can't hear my upstairs neighbors having sex.

4 other blogger buddies to do this meme:
1. Sassy Belle
2. Ffbgirl
3. Wolf Lover Girl
4. R U Serious??
(and anyone else who wants to play!)

-----------------------------------

On Tuesday, Trina tagged me for the "I am..." meme that's been going around. What's funny is that I sort of talked about this once, a long time ago, in my "What Are You?" post. But things have changed, and I'm willing to play along. So listen up, folks:

I am complicated.

I am intensely emotional.

I am a dancer, and a good one at that.

I am a teacher, though my students are constantly shifting.

I am a student, though my teachers are constantly shifting.

I am a writer, in love with language and all it can do.

I am a mother - my kids just haven't been born yet.

I am a very lucky daughter.

I am a sister who loves unconditionally.

I am one of God's beloved children, whether I want to face it or not.

I am only human.

I am afraid of not being good enough.

I am a warm and loving friend.

I am a good person, even when I make bad decisions.

I am beautiful, in a way no one else ever can be, because I am unique.

I am trying my best.

I am very blessed.

I am out of things to say.

-----------------------------------

Last, but not least, I was tagged by Julie at Mothergoosemouse to tell you some random things about myself. Now, she did eighteen things about herself, because she was tagged once to do ten and once to do eight. Technically, she didn't post a number for me to do, so I'm taking that as permission to pick my number. Now, I'll admit, it occurred to me that I could combine this with the previous meme and say I would name some number of things "I am." Wouldn't that have been clever? Why yes, but also a bit cheap, and who wants to be cheated out of finding out more about me? No one, I'm sure! So I'll up the ante to 25 - one for each year I've been alive.

1982 - I am born in Southern California on June 16.
1983 - On my first birthday, I take a timid bite of chocolate cake... then shove my face directly into it.
1984 - I have a run-in with a friend and his Halloween mask, thus ensuring for years into the future that going to Target during October will send me into screaming fits.
1985 - I get lost at a swap meet, which doesn't bother me at all, but seems to terrify my mother.
1986 - I meet my first boyfriend at preschool, but we break up when I throw up on him after too much fun on the tire swing.
1987 - My favorite day of kindergarten is the day we learn manners and I get to wear a pretty dress with white gloves.
1988 - My friend invites me over to her house for a slumber party, promising a viewing of "The Little Mermaid." Unfortunately, her mom buys the knock-off version and it sucks.
1989 - As a part of my GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) program, I have to start going to the third grade classroom for reading lessons, even though I'm in second grade. I hate it.
1990 - My school closes due to lack of funds and I have to find a new elementary school.
1991 - I go on my first (and only) trip to DisneyWorld.
1992 - My best birthday party ever - a boy/girl swimming party. ;)
1993 - I get my ears pierced.
1994 - I audition for and am rejected from the cheer squad. (But I was accepted the next year!)
1995 - My parents get divorced and Mom moves to Vegas.
1996 - Eighth grade graduation!
1997 - Seeser moves to Fairfield, CT for college.
1998 - My friend Faris dies in a fire.
1999 - I finally become "cool" when I join student government as the Ambassador of Girls' Athletics.
2000 - I graduate high school on my 18th birthday - June 16.
2001 - I meet the Ex at his audition for our a cappella group. Two weeks later I meet J. at my audition for our dance group.
2002 - The Ex and I break up... but then get back together three months later.
2003 - The Ex and I break up... J. and I start dating one month later.
2004 - I get my first job as a nanny, with Dylan (2) and JB (5).
2005 - I meet Bubbers.
2006 - On June 26 I go back to school; on that same day, I start this blog.
2007 - Mothergoosemouse deigns to tag little ol' me for a fun meme! :)

So who should I tag? I choose Ali, Betsy, Angela, Tori, and Jill B.

And now, I think no more memes for a while...

-----------------------------------

7 comments:

Lady M said...

Excellent meme handling. I still owe one or two, but I wasn't sure if I could come up with ten interesting things to say that were related in any way. Maybe ten random non sequiturs?

Unknown said...

Thanks for being such a good sport with mine and thanks for tagging me.
I will get to it soon.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I have seen The American President so many times. I mean, I practically know the movie by heart and yet every time it comes on TV I become paralyzed or something--I just have to stop what I'm doing and watch it.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

I remember having an apartment where I could here the neighbors going at it all the time..

Thanks for the tab, I've put mine up! :-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

My goodness, girl, you overwhelm me with your memetasticness!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, beautiful flowers.

the American president is pretty much the love of my life. "My name is Andrew Shepherd and I AM the president!"

Thanks for the tag -- will be up soon at my new digs.

Lara said...

lady m - thanks! it was scary for a bit, with three tags all waiting, but i eventually got them done. i'm sure ten non sequiturs from you would be quite amusing. :)

tori - well thanks for tagging me! i look forward to reading yours.

lilit - yes, i'm the same way. as soon as i see it on tv, i must sit and watch.

wolf lover girl - oh, those neighbors. crazy cats. :-P

CTG - i can be quite overwhelming, it's true.

sassy belle - "i went to stanford, you blowhole!" hahahaha. i like the new digs. :)