1. When I got to Starbucks in the morning before school, I didn't throw up! ('Cause I did the day before, which was yucky.)
2. In the faculty lounge at school, I spilled my entire cup of Starbucks, and nothing awful happened. Colleagues were friendly and helped me clean up, and Mr. P. was even good-natured about the fact that I almost destroyed his laptop. I made myself a hot chocolate from the recently restocked kitchenette.
3. The kids had an entire period of independent work time yesterday to work through their practice AP multiple choice tests - and they actually worked the entire period!
4. J. let me use his condo to take a nap in the afternoon so that I wouldn't have to sleep in the library, and I got four hours of sleep (even though this meant sleeping through class).
5. Caffeinated Librarian agreed to be my valentine!
6. A friend at school commented on how nicely my shoes matched my outfit, and we know how excited I get when people compliment my shoes...
7. When I got home from school, Nora came up to snuggle with me and cried at me to show how much she had missed me while I was gone.
8. A. left a bouquet of lovely lavender blooms in front of my door.
9. Awesome cards: My mom sent me a funny card about farting, 'cause fart jokes never get old. And two of my students gave me cute little valentines - one Winnie-the-Pooh valentine and one Disney princess.
10. When I opened the fridge to scrounge up something for dinner, I remembered that I had leftover thai chicken pizza from my recent CPK outing with Tpiggy. I ate it cold, and it was very tasty.
11. After dinner, my roommate made chocolate-dipped strawberries for dessert, and graciously shared many of them with me. (Maybe too many...)
12. Google Docs is the most amazing thing ever: I was able to go home earlier than normal last night, work from home, yet still collaborate with OP and Charcoal. Also, I was actually productive on my homework for a solid hour and a half, which is a huge thing for me these days.
13. After a not-at-all-awful day, I was able to get in bed by 12:30, snuggled up with Nora at my feet.
How was your Valentine's Day?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
5. Amy H.
8. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants